Mercatus Co-operative Limited (“Mercatus”) is committed to protecting your privacy and we will demonstrate reasonable care and respect in our treatment of any personal data that we may obtain from you.
From time to time, we may require your personal data (i.e. data which may identify you personally) when you deal, interact or transact with us. Your participation in such dealings, interactions or transactions is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice in submitting your personal data.
Personal Identification Information
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, subscribe to the newsletter, respond to a survey, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our Site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information. Users may, however, visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Non-personal Identification Information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
1. Types of Personal Data Collected
The types of personal data that Mercatus collects depend on the purposes/occasions for the collection or the nature of the activity/transaction involved.
If you provide personal data relating to a third party (e.g. information about your dependent, spouse, children and/or parents) to us, you represent and warrant that the consent of that third party has been given/obtained for our collection, use and disclosure of their personal data in connection with the purposes specified below and that such personal data is accurate and complete.
2. Purposes for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Generally, Mercatus may collect, use and/or disclose personal data for the following purposes:
* To process and respond to your enquiries, feedback, requests, complaints or incident reports. For instance, if you send feedback to Mercatus, we may use your contact information to communicate with you.
* To generate internal reports such as annual, operational or management reports.
* For security purposes. For instance, if you enter the premises of Mercatus, surveillance cameras may capture your images. You photographs may also be captured if you attend events or activities organised by Mercatus or held on the premises of Mercatus.
* To resolve any disputes which may arise between Mercatus and you.
* For any investigation or proceedings where your personal data is relevant. For instance, if you wish to report to us an incident at the premises of Mercatus, we may collect your particulars to respond to you or conduct further investigations.
* To process and administer any insurance claims or payments arising under or in connection with incidents.
* To comply with applicable laws.
* For evaluative purposes as defined under the Act.
* For managing or terminating an employment relationship, including, transferring or seconding an employee to a related entity of Mercatus.
* For other specific purposes for which your personal data was provided.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Mercatus may disclose your personal data to law enforcement or government agencies for security/legal purposes. Mercatus also has the right to share your personal data as is necessary to prevent a threat to the life, health or security of an
individual. Mercatus may disclose personal data, as is necessary, to investigate suspected unlawful activities including but not limited to fraud and intellectual property rights infringement.
You may withdraw your consent as regards your personal data in Mercatus’ control or possession. (see Section 10). Where applicable, Mercatus will inform you of the likely consequences of such withdrawal. If you have given your consent for multiple purposes, please note that your personal data may still be collected, disclosed and used for purposes for which no withdrawal of consent was made. Please note that even upon complete withdrawal of consent, Mercatus may still retain Personal Data necessary for legal and business reasons or as may be required by law.
Mercatus may, upon your written request to us (see Section 10), allow you to access your personal data in our possession or control.
Mercatus has the right to reject frivolous or vexatious requests or requests for trivial information or any request on other grounds provided under the Act.
Mercatus will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as allowed/required by applicable laws.
Mercatus needs your assistance to ensure that your personal data is current, complete and accurate. As such, please inform Mercatus of any changes or errors in your personal data by contacting Mercatus and submitting your updated particulars to Mercatus in writing (see Section 10). Mercatus may also request from you updates on your personal data from time to time.
7. Protection and Verification
The security of your personal data is important to us. We will protect your personal data by adopting reasonable measures to reduce the risks of unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal or similar risks.
Mercatus may adopt verification practices and processes to verify your identity or to process your requests.
Such cookies may be used to identify you. Mercatus is not responsible for any third party cookies. You may block cookies on your web browser but some of the features of Mercatus’s website may then not function properly.
By blocking cookies, not all features and functions of the Mercatus’s website will function properly, we may not receive/be able to process your requests and some of the transactions/activities may not be completed as a result.
10. Contact Us
Mercatus Co-operative Limited, No. 1 Marina Boulevard, #15-04 One Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018989 or (link to Contact Us page).